The following is the Agenda exactly as released by the Secretary

Newfoundland Club of America, Inc.

Board of Directors

Teleconference Call

July 30, 2002

8pm Eastern Time/ 7pm Central Time

Agenda

1. Reading of the minutes of last meeting

·        June 6, 2002 Teleconference Meeting (see enclosure)

·        June 25, 2002 (July 1, 2002 & July 8, 2002) Teleconference Meeting  (see enclosure)

·        July 1, 2002 Charitable Trust Meeting (see enclosure)

1. Recording Secretary’s Report (Mary Lou Cuddy)

1. Corresponding Secretary’s Report (Robin Seaman)

1. Treasurer’s Report (Mary L. Price)

1. AKC Delegate’s Report (Mary W. Price)

1. Committee Reports

·        Health & Longevity Committee (Beckie Stanevich) – see enclosure (carried from the 6/6/02 teleconference meeting) Beckie Stanevich will join the teleconference.

I.      The Health & Longevity Committee makes a motion that the Health & Longevity Committee will develop and maintain a health award program for the NCA.

II.      The Health & Longevity Committee makes a motion that in lieu of conducting a follow-up study of non-responders, the Health & Longevity Committee is directed to conduct a study to determine or verify the cause of death, the specific cancer type and/or any other missing information for dogs reported on in the 2001 Health Survey.

·        Judges Education Committee  (Betty McDonnell)

I.      Discussion of the Board’s directive to the JEC to recommend 4 names of potential new members of the JEC.  Chair Betty McDonnell will join the teleconference.

·        Regional Club Liaison (Mary Lou Cuddy)

I.      Clarification of non-recognized regional clubs advertising in regional club ad section of Regional Specialty catalogs.

·        Rescue Committee (Mary L. Price)

·        Rescue Prevention Committee  (Roger Frey)

·        Steering Committee 

I.      Appoint a new member to fill the vacancy on this committee (executive session) (see enclosure)

·        Working Dog Committee

I.      Appoint a new member to fill the vacancy on this committee (executive session) (see enclosure)

1. Applicants for NCA Membership (Executive Session)

·        See enclosure

·        Information on a challenged application – FYI – (see enclosure)

1. Unfinished Business

·        Grievance/Arbitration (Joan Gunn) (from 4/02 F2F) (see enclosure)

·        Policy on handling challenged membership application (from 4/02 F2F) (see enclosure)

·        AKC Parent Club Conference (Mary L. Price)

I.      Update on the possibility of sending a third representative

·        AKC DNA program – (from 6/6/02 teleconference) (see enclosure)

·        Newf Calendars – (from 6/6/02 teleconference) (see enclosure)

·        AKC Eukanuba Dog Classic – catalog ad (Robin Seaman) (see enclosure)

1. New Business

·        Guidelines for the Board of Director candidates’ statements regarding rescue and NCA issues

·        Moratorium on purchasing Newfs at auction

·        New Pen Del letter regarding the Landseer painting (see enclosure)

·        AKC Eukanuba Dog Classic “Meet the Breeds” application (Tom Broderick) (see enclosure)

·         

·        AKC Delegate Parent Clubs Committee – awarding points for Specialty Reserve wins (Tom Broderick) (see enclosure)

·        Changing the location of the fall face-to-face board meeting from
Philadelphia to the west coast.  (Aura Dean) Rationale:  The principal reason for choosing to meet in Philadelphia this year was to have the Board host a reception for all the members at the Philadelphia Museum to view the restored Landseer painting.  It appears that the museum is not able to accommodate us for the weekend of November 1, 2 and 3, but if we
have the meeting there next year we can secure adequate facilities and have time to better publicize the event so many more members can plan to attend.  

I would respectfully move that we reconsider the site of our fall face-to-face and honor the wishes of the California Clubs who would like the Board to visit the west cost.  It has been about five years since we were last in that area.  We can start planning now for a meeting next year in Philadelphia by reserving a proper room in the Museum and making arrangements for publicity.

1. Adjournment

FYI